Having a set of core values is essential. Everyone should have their own table of values in life. These values will act as a compass and set you on the right path. However, this is more than a simple Google search. You really need to dig deep and come up with your own core values.
So, here are some of the values that I want to cultivate in my life, to become a better person with each passing day:
- Experiences matter more than materialism. Sure, money is a stepping stone. However, experiences shape one’s life’s core values, increases the number of serendipitous outcomes and carves oneself into a better person.
- It is truly a blessing to have the freedom to be who you are. No matter my gender, orientation, skin colour, nationality, I deserve the right to live freely.
- I could not control where I was born, but I can surely change where I will die.
- Being biased towards action. As an overthinker, I tend to get caught up in my mind if I keep ruminating for a long time. That is why, I want to act quicker than usual, take more chances and explore along the way.
- The world has a lot to offer. It is big and diverse. However, we are living during the golden age of technology, where it has become easier to connect with people from all over the world and make new friends. I want to explore this.
- Being sceptical but open-minded. However, I do not want to accept an opinion just because it satisfies the collective conscientious. I want to accept it because I truly believe in it.
- I want to be more intentional with my time and energy. We tend to get caught up in the din and bustle of life. Being intentional will help me become a better and happier person along the way.
- I want to be the person I would have looked up to, when I was younger.
- I want to maximise the love in my life — be it my partner, family, friends, etc. Love is like a boost that helps you live a more fulfilling life.
- I want to help people and have positive impacts on their lives. It is a give-and-take process.
What to read next?